Here’s a sampling of their clients:
- State Farm
- Crispin Porter Bogusky
- Wieden + Kennedy
In our discussion today, Mark and I (your host, Neil Binkley) talk about:
- What do photography agents do for their photographers, and vice versa?
- How does the Gren Group stay in touch with ad agencies?
- How art producers reacted to the Gren Group’s change in focus
- What happens when things don’t work out between a rep and a photographer on their roster
- How can you build relationships with clients, instead of blindly marketing to them?
- How should you negotiate licensing and budgets?
- How important is motion work to ad agencies and reps these days?
- Is “authenticity” a fleeting trend in Lifestyle photography?
- How should you approach an agent? (Mark also wrote a blog post about it)
- Where he invests his efforts in social media
- This and much, much more.
Links to What We Discuss:
- The Gren Group’s website
- Do’s And Don’ts For Finding A Commercial Photography Agent
- Previous Photopod interview with Senior Art Producer, Wylie Moran
- Jonathan Chapman’s obituary in PDN
- National Alliance on Mental lllness
See all Photopod episodes by subscribing on your podcast player of choice (Apple, Google, my favorite: Overcast, Spotify, etc.), or at www.photopodpod.com. Also feel free to drop me a line with questions and ideas for future interviews!